Help!!!!!

Baking By NanaCin Updated 18 Jun 2012 , 12:28pm by Lynne3

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 11:28am
post #1 of 8

I need some help on my Granddaughter's 9th Birthday cake. I was going to make her a cupcake cake in the shape of flowers, but now she would like a sheet cake with cupcakes on top in the shape of flowers. Not really sure how to get this done.

Any help and suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Nanacin

7 replies
PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 8

You could make the cupcakes like you would in a cupcake bouquet and use some pretty cupcake liners (or make your own). I mean, you can make hyrangeas and roses pretty easily on top of a cupcake. Then I would put in a couple toothpicks to stick the cupcakes onto the sheet cake.
Does this make sense? Or is it not really what you are looking for?

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 8

Privatenamehere,

What she want's is the cupcakes to be in the shape of a flower. She doesn't want flowers on the cupcakes. I love your idea but, she is very picky and I don't think she would go for that.

Thanks,

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 8

You could make mini-cupcakes and arrange them on top of the sheet cake to look like flowers. I would use a heavy layer of buttercream on the cake and then just stick the cupcakes right in, keeping the wrappers on them.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 8

You could decorate and arrange the cupcakes on a card board separator cut to fit slightly smaller than the overall flower outline. If the cupcakes are in liners, attach the cupcakes to the board with a little double sided tape, so that when the cupcakes are lifted off to be eaten, the bottoms are not covered with frosting. If the double back tape is too sticky and will make getting the cupcakes off difficult, it can be "degummed" partially by pressing a lint free cloth against the tape briefly after it is on the board. (I do this all the time with bandage tape so it won't pull out all the hairs when removed!). Alternatively, they could be attached to the board with RI, especially if they are not going to be in liners. Then place the cardboard on top of the frosted sheet cake. place dowels to support if the cupcake board is heavy. Pipe decoratively around the edge of the cardboard if needed. Just a thought, HTH, good luck

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 11:18am
post #6 of 8

There is a silicone cupcake pan that is in floral shapes (I know because a well-meaning aunt bought it for me). You could use a pan like that and use a poured fondant or royal icing on them.
I would probably tell someone "tough noogies" on that one though. Seems really difficult for my taste. I'd love to see how it turns out!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 12:01pm
post #7 of 8

Could you make a sheet cake and use a flower-shaped cookie cutter to cut out flower-shaped cakelets to put on top of the other slab cake? You could use poured fondant on the flower cakes in various colours. When dry just pop on the already-frosted base slab cake.

I hope that makes sense?!

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%