Anyone Have A Tip On Cleaning Piping Bag Couplers And Tips?

Decorating By SoFloGuy Updated 29 May 2012 , 4:31am by CWR41

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 29 May 2012 , 3:49am
post #1 of 5

I used one today for the first time to try them out and it's very hard to get the buttercream frosting out from them. Does anyone have any tip on how to do it easily?

4 replies
shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 29 May 2012 , 4:04am
post #2 of 5

I use a baby bottle brush....the part you use to clean the nipple. I soak them for a few minutes in warm soapy water and then clean and dry.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 29 May 2012 , 4:13am
post #3 of 5

I use the little Wilton tip brush, on the Michaels display near the tips. A buck or two and lets you get in the end of the tip. The brush and hot water with Dawn and I put them in water right away when I am done with them so they don't dry out. Some people do something with their tips in a bowl of soapy water and microwave it but I have never had a problem just doing them by hand.

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 29 May 2012 , 4:26am
post #4 of 5

thanks I'll have to look into getting a tip brush or baby bottle brush. Today I had to basically blow into them as I was cleaning them to get the medium buttercream out, and that's after soaking them and running water through them. icon_biggrin.gif That helped some but I had to do some more soaking and running water through them to get them clean. I'm glad drying them was mentioned. I was letting them sit in the drain rack with the rest of the dishes, but I went and dried them and put them away.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 29 May 2012 , 4:31am
post #5 of 5

Put them in a cup or bowl and run hot water over them until the buttercream floats. You can swish them around in hot soapy water to cut the grease, rinse (or sanitize), and let them air dry on a towel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%