Note To Self: Do Not Try Baking When Your Half Asleep ...

Decorating By Piink Updated 4 Jun 2012 , 8:48am by scp1127

Piink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Piink Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:04am
post #1 of 6

It's late. I'm normally in bed by 10 but after a hectic day, I still hadn't baked my Mom's Mother's Day Cake ... So I got everything ready, poured the batter and stuck it in the oven.

Timer buzzes, check the cake to make sure it is done. Flip it over on a cooling rack and it won't come out of the pan! My non-stick pan stuck! I've always used a spray in my non-stick pan to make sure it didn't and I forgot that step! I let it cool, and when I went to pull it up the cake just went everywhere.

Guess that what I get for trying to bake when half asleep. Looks like I am getting up super early to try again ... I feel so dumb right now. I know better. I could slap myself!

5 replies
TheSweetTreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetTreat Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:10am
post #2 of 6

This is a good post for me to read as I sit here feeling guilty that I'm not in my kitchen right now working on 1st birthday cookies for a friend that have to ship on Monday. My brain has shut down so I'm going to safely stay in my bed.

So sorry to hear about your disaster, though. I would probably make that mistake in the middle of the day! Good luck with your cake and I'm sure it will turn out beautifully icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 13 May 2012 , 6:20am
post #3 of 6

I not only make mistakes when I'm tired, but a big mess!

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 13 May 2012 , 10:58am
post #4 of 6

Me too - like forgetting to add sugar to the cake batter icon_lol.gif

Johnica10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Johnica10 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 6

Lol - that happened to me a few times! Today I was mixing cookie dough and kept getting interrupted, the phone would ring, then my parents passed by, well I am mixing the dough and am getting pissed off because it isn't sticking together, it was like bread crumbs! I just couldn't understand what was happening, so I kept adding shortening and some butter, it started to stick a little, I figured, OK, let us put it aside for a little. So i went upstairs to get dressed, as I was dressing, i screamed out I can't believe it, I forgot to add the eggs!!! Not sure if I can add the eggs now, if I beat them well and add them to the dough? Or should I just scratch it up to a loss and toss it?

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 8:48am
post #6 of 6

I'm a mise en place baker, but when I'm tired, I don't do it. It catches up. Maybe one day I'll realize that when I'm tired is when to be more diligent.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%