Midwest Cake Decorators

Business By Annie70 Updated 23 May 2012 , 8:07pm by Tacy09

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 11 May 2012 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 2

I live in Iowa and would like to take some classes. Wondering if anyone knew of some good classes (fondant & baking) any where in midwest. Would like them to be back to back days. Thanks!!

1 reply
Tacy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tacy09 Posted 23 May 2012 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 2

I live in southern Iowa as well,and have been doing cakes/ pastries for about 3 years now. I took the very first wilton course, but hated it! It wasnt the kind of cakes I wanted to do. So I sent out and email to every bakery I could find, asking about an internship. One said yes and I interned for about a year (and boy did I learn a ton). I have been running a business out of my home for about a year now and am in the process of wholesaling and opening a bakery.

My best advice to you would be intern. Its amazing how expensive it is to get all the stuff....Im 3 years in and dont have everything I need! Im also going to throw out there that pricing is the hardest thing. People here expect so much for so little, building a client base who value your product/talent is very hard, but im finally begining to do it!

Good luck and best wishes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%