Vacation - Notice On Web??

Business By ncsmorris Updated 11 May 2012 , 12:56pm by ncsmorris

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 10 May 2012 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 10

I have an upcoming vacation and will be gone for 2.5 weeks. I'm trying to determine how to handle letting clients know that I'm not available to answer their messages. Obviously I don't want to appear unresponsive but I'm not sure (for safety reasons) that I want to tell everyone that I'm not home...

Thoughts??

9 replies
dinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinascakes Posted 10 May 2012 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 10

What about one of those autoreply emails that says "I am currently out of the office and won't be available until _________." You don't necessarily have to say why you are not available, but that you will get back to them after a certain date. You could also leave something like that on your answering machine or voicemail. That way customers know that you will be back by a certain date if they need you. HTH Enjoy your vacation! icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 10 May 2012 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 10

Why don't you just put up a notice saying you will be unable to accept orders from _ date to _ date? That gets the point across without putting your personal life out there.

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 10 May 2012 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Why don't you just put up a notice saying you will be unable to accept orders from _ date to _ date? That gets the point across without putting your personal life out there.

What she said...

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 10 May 2012 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 10

How about just referring to it as a 'cake break'...doesn't have to imply that you won't be home, but just that you aren't available for cake order.

Enjoy your vacation!

ncsmorris Posted 10 May 2012 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks! I knew I was just thinking about it too hard but needed somone else to just tell me so!

Thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 10 May 2012 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 10

Dear Clients:
We are on a "Cake Break" and will not be available from (insert date here) until (insert date here). We will return calls and emails after (insert date here).
Thanks for your understanding!

clairesey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clairesey Posted 10 May 2012 , 7:26pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenej

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

What she said...

What they said

Have fun

c
x

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 10 May 2012 , 8:02pm
post #9 of 10

You don't want to post you're on vacation, all it takes is one wrong person to see vacation = house is empty. I have come up with posting the days we are going to be gone as follows:

July 4 - 12, 2012
Family Week!!!!
No Cakes, No Calls, No Consultations

All calls & emails will be returned when we reopen on July 13

Anyone reading that will not know if you are gone on vacation, hanging around the house relaxing, spring cleaning, just taking day trips, etc.This is posted both on my web site and my answering machine.

ncsmorris Posted 11 May 2012 , 12:56pm
post #10 of 10

Exactly what I was thinking, cfao. I do not want people to know that I'm not home I like calling it family time or a cake break. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%