Using The Silhouette Cameo

Decorating By Tracye Updated 6 May 2012 , 1:24pm by tiggy2

Tracye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracye Posted 6 May 2012 , 2:05am
post #1 of 3

I bought Linda Mclure's accessory package yesterday and made a batch of gumpaste.

I conditioned the gumpaste today, after letting it rest for 24 hours in the ziploc bag.

I rolled out five sheets of gumpaste, and stored them between the plastic mats, just like her instructions said.

That's the end of my good luck with gumpaste.

I tried cutting a few sheets, with no luck whatsoever.

The blade is dragging across the gumpaste, and the entire housing is getting gunked up full of gumpaste. Both times, the blade cut completely through the gumpaste, and through the card stock sheet below.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Does anyone know what speed, thickness and blade setting to use?

How long am I supposed to let my gumpaste firm up between the mats before I try cutting it?

I'm getting very frustrated, and feeling like I just wasted a bunch of money on all of it.

2 replies
ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 6 May 2012 , 2:50am
post #2 of 3

I'm thinking you still have it TOO thick!

I have the Silhouette SD and it works perfectly - Linda's instructions are the best!

My advice is to go back and re-read her instructions - she is very thorough and will have included all the information you are seeking. If you can't find it - pop her an email - I have always found her to be very helpful. So much better than getting advice here from people you may never have used one at all. icon_sad.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 May 2012 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumPam

I'm thinking you still have it TOO thick!

I have the Silhouette SD and it works perfectly - Linda's instructions are the best!

My advice is to go back and re-read her instructions - she is very thorough and will have included all the information you are seeking. If you can't find it - pop her an email - I have always found her to be very helpful. So much better than getting advice here from people you may never have used one at all. icon_sad.gif

Dotto! Did you roll it out using a pasta roller to the # she suggested? She suggest leaving it on the mat overnight in a zip lock bag before cutting. I've had no problem cutting using her instrucitons. If you are having problems please contact her as Pam said so you can get "the right" information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%