Mrsmudrash's Buttercream??

Baking By newb2 Updated 7 May 2012 , 2:13am by TheSweetTreat

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 4 May 2012 , 2:40am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone made this recipe? If so, is each ingredient whipped separately and then mixed together or do you whip the first ingredient and then add each additional one at a time, whipped after each addition? tia.

This recipe is from Mrsmudrash

Marshmallow, Whipping cream buttercream

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated. (I used less vanilla)
This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.

6 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 5 May 2012 , 6:34am
post #2 of 7

I think it would have to be to whip the butter, then add each successive ingredient, whipping after each. What would whipping powdered sugar by itself result in? What would whipping vanilla extract by itself do?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 May 2012 , 6:46am
post #3 of 7

Yes, I've made it...and it is wonderful. I didn't add quite as much vanilla...in fact, now that I read this...this is the recipe I've been PM'ing to others who wanted it because I see where I said I didn't use as much vanilla! LOL! I used it to ice some cupcakes. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 5 May 2012 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 7

This recipe sounds amazing! I wonder how it would work without the whipping cream. I'm always on the look out for a shelf stable BC. This one does require refrigeration right?

TheSweetTreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetTreat Posted 5 May 2012 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 7

Could you share how pipable this recipe is? Is it very soft or will it hold the shape of flowers, shells, cupcake swirls, etc? Is it very sweet like typical American buttercream?

Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 7 May 2012 , 2:01am
post #6 of 7

If you look for a recipe for home made marshmallow cream, you get the base of Italian or Swiss Meringue without the butter added as a recipe. So adding the butter to a jar of marshmallow cream will give it the consistency of these kind of butter creams. The powdered sugar will sweeten it up considerably and the vanilla gives it a flavor profile. The cream is probably to make it creamier. It should not need refrigeration with the cream. I make a cream based recipe and we do not refrigerate it. The sugar acts as a preservative.

TheSweetTreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetTreat Posted 7 May 2012 , 2:13am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Linda! That's very helpful. I bought my marshmallow cream today and will be trying this recipe in the coming weeks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%