Sending Thank You Cards??

Business By cckim Updated 3 May 2012 , 7:24pm by fcakes

cckim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cckim Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone out there send thank you cards to clients? Or is it not necessary?? If so how is it worded?? Thanks

8 replies
cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 9

I usually do a follow up thank you email.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 9

I usually send it along with cookie and cake pop orders. right where it can fit in the box. I rarely send it with cake or cupcake orders because it usually can go in the box without messing the cake up. Sometimes ill just hand it to the client upon pick up.

sweetie112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie112 Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 9

I have thank you cards that are blank on the inside. I usually prepare a handwritten note relating to the acitvity/function and again thank them for their order.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 9

I had started doing thank you/feedback emails but then decided it wasn't worth it... if my customers like my treats, they usually write back gushing about how good everything was....

Is it worth doing the cards/emails?

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 9

I always send a thank you note to brides the week after their wedding and to clients with large orders the week after the event.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 9

I considered cards but decided on emails instead. Since a chunk of the communication between me and the client is by email, sending a follow up email works well. I don't need to buy cards, postage, and take extra time to mail. And I prefer a paperless approach. Card or email, I think the important thing is to follow up with the client.

I do think hand-written thank you cards are a nice touch, and I may incorporate it in the future depending on the feedback I get from clients.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 May 2012 , 2:30am
post #8 of 9

This is standard procedure in many sales applications. Professionals always follow up.

I send fine quality notecards for some, and for others, an email works. On corporate orders, I send whatever baked good I was contracted to make for their clients to my contact with the company with a hand-written note.

Staying in touch is important. Also any concerns a customer may have can be addressed at this time. If they don't discuss it with you, you can be sure they will express their displeasure with friends and family. Any problem is a perfect opportunity to turn the situation around and create a satisfied customer.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 3 May 2012 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 9

I think followup emails can possibly be done by me.... can anyone please share what they write as a followup, apart from thanks?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%