I Want To Reuse Thick Cake Boards But Need To Find Covering

Decorating By chasingmytail Updated 30 Apr 2012 , 11:09am by mcaulir

chasingmytail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasingmytail Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 10:32am
post #1 of 2

I use the thick boards usually silver foiled. I think its terrible to throw out just because a tiny part of the foil has been nicked. Surely there must be someone who can find the manufaturer of this fine foil I would assume its paper backed with a glue?

Useful to keep for family birthdays/christmas etc as buying new everytime is silly additional cost and having a few in the cupboard would be a bonus. Only the top needs covering as the edges and sides are perfect. I wash the tops down and let dry. I usually use a board the same size as the cake or bigger and sugarpaste around, ribbon edge.

I'm sure I could make a fortune if I could find the manufacturer and sell on!!! I'm in the UK. Or is there an alternative with a food safe covering?

1 reply
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 11:09am
post #2 of 2

There's a product called fancifoil that is that silver foil you can use to cover your board. You can cover your board with fondant, or royal icing, or melted chocolate. You can also use wrapping paper or self-adhesive plastic, if you use a thin cake board under your actual cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%