Keeping Cupcakes Fresh

Baking By snazzycakes1 Updated 24 Apr 2012 , 6:02am by margeann

snazzycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzycakes1 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 5

i had no idea cupcaking is so different than cakes. lol. how do i keep these things fresh! i have been testing recipes to find a menu that i am going to use for my deluxe cupcake menu. everyday im whipping up creative new batches of cupcakes and delivering to friends, but if i put them in the refridgerator, the next day they are hard.... im guessing because the cake edges are exposed. do i keep them out of the fridge? how do i cover them if they are decorated?

4 replies
Hafsx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hafsx Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 5

Cupcakes stay fine at room temperature - overnight, unless you know the frosting might melt.

you can also freeze the cupcakes and frost them the next day. (thaw them before frosting) and they will be perfectly moist and fresh.

I hope I helped.

lisa198107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa198107 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

I actually use mudcake for my cupcakes. I can make any variation out of them and they stay yummy and moist for a week! I keep it at room temperature and frost when ready to give them. I know they are not "proper" cupcakes and are probably more expensive to make but people prefer them and they are so yummy! For kids cupcakes I just stick to basic vanilla or chocolate as they only eat the icing and very rarely eat the cake.

janicedale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicedale Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 5:23am
post #4 of 5

If you want to keep your cupcakes fresh and soft do not put them in the refrigerator, it will dry them out. You may put the unfrosted cupcakes in a container and wrap container in saran wrap to freeze them.
Then if you need to whip up a quick snack, take out the frozen cupcakes, and immediately start frosting and decorating. When done, place on a plate in room temperature for an hour or two.

margeann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margeann Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 6:02am
post #5 of 5

Frosted cupcakes will keep nicely for three days, out of refrigerator & under a dome. After 3 days they are dry and the quality is gone. Refrigeration is the worst place to store them. Don't frost or fill with anything that has to be refrigerated. Hope this info is useful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%