Smooth Characters And Attachments- Help Please!!!

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 25 Apr 2012 , 6:29am by carmijok

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 5

Good Morning Everyone-

So- I'm making a baby shower cake and I have a few things to make- a baby, a duck, some bows and even the circles etc I will be putting in seem to look so rough.

I have noticed that almost all of you have such smooth looking characters- no cracks, shiny- clean- sharp-

Please, please, please- can you share any procedures with me??? I heard aboujt microwaving fondant ahead of time -- not sure if that works-

I am in deseperate need-

Thanks God- Mo

4 replies
MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 5

???? Thanks God????--- Sorry about that- I don't know why that is in my closing- I only wanted to write - Thanks- Mo

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

Do you use ps to make them? Are they all cutouts? You can brush them with vodka or some clear flavoring and they'll look nice and shiny.

cakefixation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefixation Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 5:20am
post #4 of 5

I spray mine with vodka through my airbrush. You can also wipe them with shortening to get rid of powdered sugar.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 6:29am
post #5 of 5

Are you talking about 3-D characters or just cut outs? If you're talking about 3-D, I highly recommend using a blend of fondant and gum paste. I use the pre-made gum paste from Wilton. It helps the fondant dry faster and for some reason the last time I made a giraffe with it, it was very smooth and pliable. here's the link to the picture: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2261906/jungle-baby-shower

I also used it on the elephant and monkey too.
Some people love using modeling chocolate, but I found it not sturdy enough at times.

Hope this is what you were wanting to know! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%