How Do I Stop Cupcakes From Sticking To Their Liners?

Baking By honeymunk Updated 17 Apr 2012 , 4:27am by scp1127

honeymunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeymunk Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 12:53pm
post #1 of 9

I am a beginner when it comes to cake baking and decorating. Last night I attempted to make Key Lime cupcakes. Although the cupcakes came out fine, I couldn't help but notice that they were sticking to the cupcake liners.. how can I prevent this from happening?

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 9

::Confused:: Cupcakes should stick to the liners, at least somewhat. What you don't want is the liners peeling off prior to service.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 9

I think I know what you're talking about. Did the cupcake tear apart when you tried to remove the liner? My advice would be to use a higher quality liner. Reynolds or anything labeled greaseproof.

honeymunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeymunk Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 9

Yes Diane, it's almost as if the cupcake would fall apart since the liner wouldnt break free from the cake easily.. I will have to try new liners.. Thanks!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymunk

I am a beginner when it comes to cake baking and decorating. Last night I attempted to make Key Lime cupcakes. Although the cupcakes came out fine, I couldn't help but notice that they were sticking to the cupcake liners.. how can I prevent this from happening?

I think OP meant that they turned out fine.

PinkLotus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLotus Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 12:19am
post #6 of 9

Reynolds are the best!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 12:49am
post #7 of 9

honeymunk and pinklotus~~Welcome to the forum!

The best cupcake liners are labeled GREASE-RESISTANT or GREASEPROOF. Wilton and other decorative paper liners are cheap to manufacture, and end up looking cheap because the colorful designs end up getting muddied by the grease in the batter. Paper liners also present a whole host of other problems.

If you live on the West Coast and have a Smart & Final nearby, you can purchase 500 of these liners (photo below) for about $6. These are fabulous and will never let you down. Reynolds foil liners and other GREASE-RESISTANT/PROOF liners are also excellent, but they will be more expensive.

Try better quality liners and you will probably notice that less cake sticks to the liner.
LL

PinkLotus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLotus Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 12:55am
post #8 of 9

Thank you icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 4:27am
post #9 of 9

One more thing to consider since Apti covered the big one. Possibly your recipe makes a great light cake, but maybe the structure isn't strong enough to handle the pulling of the liner when you remove it. If the quality liners don't work, this may be your issue and you will need a more sturdy recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%