Groom's Cake Questionnaire - Do You Have One?

Decorating By julz417 Updated 10 Apr 2012 , 2:56pm by aggiechef

julz417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julz417 Posted 10 Apr 2012 , 2:16am
post #1 of 3

Hello....

I'm having a major brain fart with this one couple....they are interested in having a groom's cake but can't really tell me the direction that they are wanting to go in and everything I have suggested they aren't interested in. I have racked my brain and am still not coming up with anything (I think I need a vacation!) Anyway...just wondering if anyone has a groom's cake questionnaire that they use...just looking for a little inspiration I guess. TIA!!

2 replies
QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 10 Apr 2012 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 3

All I do is ask what his' interest are, no questioniare. I go from there. If they don't want it to reflect him, I go with the choclate cake with chocolate strawberries or a more masculine version of their wedding cake. If all of those are a no go, then I very politely say,"Well you know how about you sleep on it and let me know if you think of something you like". I don't stress behind trying to read people's mind.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 10 Apr 2012 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 3

I've noticed too that some grooms have something in mind, but they're afraid to ask if it can be done. I generally start with them telling me if they like traditional grooms cakes or more personable ones. That can at least get you going in the right direction.

(I have a wedding this summer where the groom asked for an oozing armadillo cake, on it's back with it's legs in the air...He was afraid to ask for that, but I told him that I could work with it...)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%