Cake Release Or Bake Easy

Baking By izel Updated 1 Apr 2012 , 7:04pm by Betsy410

izel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izel Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 6

I have always used Wilton Cake Release and use to never have any problems getting the cake out of the pan. Lately I am haveing cakes stick continually. So I was thinking about trying the Bake Easy and am wondering if anyone likes one more than the other? Any suggestions welcome.

5 replies
ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 6

I use something called Pan Grease that you make yourself...1 cup of flour, 1 cup of vegetable shortening and 1 cup of vegetable oil.....mix it all up in a bowl until smooth and put in a plastic container. To use just take a brush, dip it in the pan grease mixture and brush it into your pans....works like a charm! Many on CC use this and we all swear by it!!! It keeps for a very long time....you can put it in the refrigerator to store or just on a cupboard shelf.

crystalscustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalscustomcakes Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 6

I use a basic Pam spray with flour and have never had a problem. For gluten free I just use oil spray.

tamimccloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamimccloud Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 6

I LOVE Wilton Bake Easy. I have tried all sorts of cake release techniques and the Bake Easy works the best in my experience. But I also use it in combination with good Wilton pans that I only hand wash. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Krista512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krista512 Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 6

i use the shortening and flour like grandma used to use and it works perfect every time for me and is cheaper.

Betsy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Betsy410 Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 6

I just started using my own pan grease following the same recipe. I love it and I haven't had to use parchment on the bottom either. The only problem that I encountered was the bristles of my pastry brush came out so I switched to a silicone brush. Thank goodness I noticed it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%