Pregnant And Need To Roll Out Fndant

Lounge By citygirldesserts Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 5:11pm by rosech

citygirldesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citygirldesserts Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

4 months pregnant and need tips on rolling out fondant without stressing myself out. any tips??

5 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 6

I was okay rolling fondant until my last few weeks, but did find the best option was having my husband roll it out for me. Timing didn't always work out though. Congrats!

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 6

Try microwaving your fondant a VERY little bit, this will soften it up and make it much easier to work with. Also, try rolling out your fondant on a table that's lower, rather than a regular countertop height if you can, this also makes it much easier! icon_smile.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuswapcakes

Try microwaving your fondant a VERY little bit, this will soften it up and make it much easier to work with. Also, try rolling out your fondant on a table that's lower, rather than a regular countertop height if you can, this also makes it much easier! icon_smile.gif

but watch that belly! i usually work on my cakes on the kitchen table. i'm 39 wks preggo now, and have had several "close calls" with my protruding tummy versus the finished buttercream on a cake! all it takes is to stand up and reach for something across the table and smoosh ...

rosech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosech Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 6

If possible maybe use/buy a pasta machine?

rosech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosech Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 6

If possible maybe use/buy a pasta machine?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%