Cricut Cake Does Not Move Up Or Down

Decorating By brownsugababe24 Updated 12 Mar 2012 , 6:07am by rmurphy84

brownsugababe24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugababe24 Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 9:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi I was wondering if any 1 could help me with a problem I am having with my Cricut Cake Mini. The blade sits to low and drags before making the 1st cut, during and at the end of a cut, instead of lifting up and down. There are lines through my design and cuts where there shouldn't be.

I have tried several times resetting the machine with no luck. I have also taken the blade out and put it back in many times! If I hold the blade housing down and lift it back up while cutting (although dangerous!) I am able to make great cuts. Doing this manually kind of defeats the purpose of it being a machine.

I am so frustrated as I can not find any soloutions to this problem! If any 1 has a suggestion please let me know. Thanks

4 replies
rmurphy84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmurphy84 Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

sounds to me like it's broken, need to call the manufacturer

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 5

Have you contacted provocraft?

brownsugababe24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugababe24 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 4:49am
post #4 of 5

I live in Australia and brought the Cricut off a US ebay seller. Who suprisingly is no longer selling. I am now thinking shipping has probably caused damage some how? From what I have read from other people's complaints is that Cricut/Provocraft will not repair/ replace a machine under warranty if it is brought from overseas. Plus postage would cost an arm and a leg! So probably not worth it.

If I had paid AU$300 (ridiculous I know!) instead of US$50.00 for the mini here in Oz from a certified seller than I could be helped under the warranty. Oh well what a shame! I suppose a $50 loss would be better than $300. To find out that there are no "repairs or "spare parts" for Cricut machines are a disgrace!

Probably time to save for a Silhouette Cameo! At least then $$ won't be wasted on cartridges and my cake creativity won't be limited to Cricut designs!

Thanks for the posts and HAPPY BAKING!! icon_smile.gif

rmurphy84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmurphy84 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 6:07am
post #5 of 5

Yep, i have the silhouette SD, I love it. Am saving up for the cameo as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%