Cake For A Guy Getting Out Of Jail??

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 11 Mar 2012 , 12:08am by BakerzJoy

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 6

So I just got this cake order for a guy who is getting out of jail. He was supposed to be in there for 8 months but they just reduced his sentence 50% so he will be released in June. The family is planning a huge party to welcome him home. I have been given full decorating rights but I'm stumped. It's a great christian family and they are really very sweet. I don't know if I want to make some jail bird getting to be free.....It's def a cute idea if it could be taken lightly, but I don't know how they would take that.

So, here I am with NO idea's...what do I do??

5 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe a "Welcome Home" cake would be more appropriate? It all depends on the family and the situation.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 6

A monopoly "Get Out of Jail Free" card!

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 6

The song Tie a Yellow Ribbon comes to mind....maybe the ol' oak tree with a big yellow sash with welcome home?

Ileana23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ileana23 Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 6

I believe a good theme would be a house front with the parents standing in the porch, holding a sign that reads "WELCOME HOME SON".

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 12:08am
post #6 of 6

It just came to me when you mentioned that Ileana23....I'll do their house with a sign hung up saying "Welcome Home". Also love the idea of the tree with the ribbon bisbqueenb...I'm gonna find a way to incorporate that....Thanks alot you guys!! Great ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%