Did I Burned My Cake?

Baking By ch1kyt Updated 8 Mar 2012 , 2:15pm by jgifford

ch1kyt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ch1kyt Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 5

i made cake and when i baked it i dont know if i either put too much into the pan or too much time .....but when i bake it it looks brownish.....:S

2 C flour
1 1/2 c of sugar
1 T baking soda
2 bars of butter
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 box of vanilla pudding
1/4 and one cup of milk

i dont know what im doing wrong if anyone has idea please!! help icon_sad.gif

4 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 5

It sounds like you may have overcooked it a little. What size was your pan? What temperature did you bake it and for how long? You might try lowering your temp and/or shortening your baking time. Also, you might want to check your oven's thermostat and make sure it's at the correct temp.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 5

Is it just the outer surface that is brownish? My cakes turn slightly brownish gold on the outer surfaces, but the inside is still white and soft. That brown on the parts that touch the pan is called the Maillard reaction, and is normal, to a degree. If it is too dark then it is probably overbaked.

If it is brown on the inside, then I don't know what happened.

ch1kyt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ch1kyt Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 12:12am
post #4 of 5

thanks the size is 8 inch and 12 but i cooked @ 350 but for couple minutes like until i put in a knife and comes out clean ....

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 5

Try lowering your temperature to 325 for the same length of time. I cook by smell, so I only watch the time closely when I'm trying a new recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%