Need Help With Bright Pink Icing Color!

Decorating By yeah4cake Updated 7 Mar 2012 , 11:29pm by Brandy1621

yeah4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeah4cake Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 5

I have just spent the last hour mixing numerous small batches of icing trying to match a bright pink/rose or raspberry color for the pirate girl cake & I am at my wits end. I have tried pink, reds, fuchsia, & rose, but nothing is coming even close. It either comes out with a purple tint, or coral tint. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, & what colors I need? Thank you!

4 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 5

It may not be what your doing but may be your colors, it may be your icing or fondant. Which are you using? What brand of food coloring are you using? Are you mixing them into buttercream? Or if fondant is it pure white or slightly off. Whenever there is any yellow in those it gets a little harder to mix some of the colors.

HTH

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 5

For bright pink I always use Americolor electric pink. On my icing, that color tends to turn fuchsia-like if I add too much, but it doesn't do that if I'm using it to color fondant. If I want my icing to match my fondant, I'll use electric pink on the fondant and Americolor deep pink on the icing.

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

I start with Wilton Rose and then add a little Lavender to get a deeper, but still bright, pink. Not a lot of lavender and just a little at a time. HTH!

Brandy1621 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandy1621 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 5

I use an Electric Pink by Duff. I love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%