Suggestions On Cake Flavors Please

Decorating By fcakes Updated 4 Mar 2012 , 5:38am by sweettreat101

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to be a part of a competition and would really appreciate advice on some winning combos for flavors in a cupcake.

First I was thinking of doing a chocolate cupcake with caramel or ganache filling and vanilla buttercream, since those are popular flavors that everyone likes, but thought of asking here if anyone has any "prize-winning" combination that could help me wow the crowds.

Thank you!!

4 replies
madcobbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madcobbler Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 2:24am
post #2 of 5

Sticky toffee with salted caramel buttercream, chocolate chai tea latte, pink champagne, pina colada, coconut key lime, dreamy irish cream(chocolate, espresso, & irish cream), lemon blueberry.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 5

thank you! I liked the lemon blueberry combo.... any other suggestions?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 5

If the main criteria is taste, not appearance, then you may wish to try this version of the Sprinkles Salty Caramel cupcake. It is divine!!!

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=155496&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 5:38am
post #5 of 5

I made two new cupcakes that got great reviews from my family and friends. One was a vanilla cake with a vanilla mousse filling dipped in a white chocolate ganache and topped with a white chocolate swiss meringue butter cream. This one would also be good with a raspberry filling or even lemon. The second was a chocolate fudge cake filled with a peanut butter mousse dipped in chocolate ganache topped with a peanut butter swiss meringue butter cream with a ganache drizzle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%