How Much Cake To Make For 75 Cake Pops?

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 9:03pm by aprilismaius

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 2:02am
post #1 of 4

I'm making cake pops for a Bridal shower in two weeks and I'm trying to plan ahead of time. I have to make 75 cake pops and I'm trying to get an idea of how much cake to make.

Is there a chart that shows pan size to cake pop amount? Or does anyone have an idea?

3 replies
Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 7:34am
post #2 of 4

It would depend on your ingredients and method.and size of pops.Are you rolling cake with frosting ,rolling cake , or baking them in a. cake pop pan ?
A couple weeks ago I made owl and teddy bear shaped cake pops with cake and cheesecake no frosting in the mixture. I "think " I used a 9" pan for cake and cheesecake which made about 3 doz . or more.

Cilla17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cilla17 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 9:49am
post #3 of 4

Out of one cake mix (whether it be from a pkt or from scratch) and using a Tablespoon of mix for each cake pop I usually get between 20 - 22 cake pops (and always make spares just in case a couple crack and don't survive the dipping process) - Good Luck!

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 4

Given that I made 350 of these over the weekend for a wedding (no joke, it took FOREVER), I'll tell you what I did. I had to make 4 flavors: 75 each of three flavors, 100 of the 4th. I made 10x15" sheet cakes in 2 inch deep pans, and that was enough for the 75 servings. I used a 1.5" diameter meatballer. So if you use a larger one, like a 1.75" meatballer, you'll need more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%