Help Determining Servings In A Sculpted Cake

Decorating By Prima Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 2:31am by Vista

Prima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prima Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 2

Hi,

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, so my apologies if I am rehashing an old question, but I am struggling with this one. Does anyone know a good way to calculate number of servings for a sculpted cake? I have a friend who wants a 3D sculpted dinosaur cake for her son's birthday, and it needs to serve 25-30. This number seems high for the sculpted cake, and I am worried that the dinosaur would be HUGE. I'm thinking the "cake" component of the figure would be the body & maybe the tail, with the head & legs made from RKT. As an alternative, I suggested baking a 12" round & doing a smaller sculpted TRex on top, which hopefully she agrees to. If not, I'm not sure how to calculate this (let alone structure it, which is another beast in itself). Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 reply
Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:31am
post #2 of 2

It can be tricky to figure out, but I guestimate. I look at the servings of the pan I start with, and estimate how much I cut out of it. I could not imagine doing a dinosaur that would feed less than 23-30 people, it would be pretty small.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%