What To Charge For Bar Cookies?

Baking By browniemama Updated 18 Feb 2012 , 2:26am by scp1127

browniemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
browniemama Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen posts about charging for DECORATED cookies but not for this... I have a friend who has a restaurant. She would like me to bake her a tray or two -- as a trial -- of a bar cookie recipe that I make for her for the holidays every year. Since this is a business arrangement, she wants me to charge her for them. I have never done this before. Beyond the price of the ingredients, how should I calculate this?

Many thanks in advance. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE FORUM THIS IS!

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

I include brownies on my Holiday Cookie flyer and the measure about 2"x2" square. I sell them $15 for 6 and $40 for 18.

browniemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
browniemama Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Pmarks! This is very helpful! I see you are in Canada. I will check to see what the conversion comes out to be. We will probably cut our bars in 1 1/2" X 3" pieces -- not sure.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 2:26am
post #4 of 4

Will you be baking in her kitchen? Check your HD laws and make sure you are able to supply a restaurant from a home kitchen. Most areas will not allow this. It could cause trouble for you and the restaurant. And if you do bake using her kitchen, you will most likely need your own licenses.

To get around this, have her employ you by the hour to bake in-house. This way no extra licenses are needed. Now you only have to agree on an hourly wage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%