What Would U Charge For 1 Doz Chocolate Chip Cookies??

Business By HammIamm Updated 23 Jan 2007 , 11:20pm by SweetConfectionsChef

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:48am
post #1 of 10

just wondering, thanks

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 10

First, I tell people that I'm not a bakery where they can come in and buy 3 of this and 4 of that. I do special orders only and I'm not firing up my oven and messing up my space just for 12 cookies. So unless they want to order an entire batch, they will wait until I have a big order, and then I will make an extra 12 cookies for them. All of my co-workers knew this rule ..... they would come up to me and ask me what was on the baking schedule for the week, so they'd know what cookies to order! icon_wink.gif

Mine are $4.50 a dozen. Complete pricing can be found on my website (link below).

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 10

I sell choc chip cookies in batches only. I sell mostly to co-workers and I don't have time to break down batches. When I first started I tried to sell 4 cookies in a bag for $2. That didn't work out because I had to chase people around trying to collect $2.

I sell 1/2 batch (approx 30) for $13, and full batch (approx 60) for $24.

Now I'm trying to figure out pricing for my butter/sugar cookies. They are more work and time consuming than choc chip.

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 10

I sell my cookies for $12 a dozen and $7 1/2dozen. I also run specials on Saturdays for 6 for $6. I sell alotta cookies....

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 10

I was just wondering what size cookies you guys are talking about when your talking about selling them by the dozen.

indydebi Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 10

Mine are 3-4" in diameter. I use a #24 cookie scoop.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

I was just wondering what size cookies you guys are talking about when your talking about selling them by the dozen.

My choc chip cookies are about 2 to 2 1/2 inches. I use the small cookie scoop.

SweetConfectionsChef Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:19pm
post #8 of 10

I use an icecream scoop that is almost full. My cookies are big and thick. My customers always comment about the size and texture. They are very chewy. I bake 14 dozen on Saturday mornings and am usually out by 2pm. I have a 2 dozen minimum per special order.

indydebi Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:48pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetConfectionsChef

I use an icecream scoop that is almost full. My cookies are big and thick. My customers always comment about the size and texture. They are very chewy. I bake 14 dozen on Saturday mornings and am usually out by 2pm. I have a 2 dozen minimum per special order.

Mmmmmmmm! Chewwwwwwyyyyy! (Licking lips loudly right now). I hate crunchy cookies. None of my cookies are crunchy. All soft.

Sweet Confections, I think we were separated at birth! thumbs_up.gif

SweetConfectionsChef Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:20pm
post #10 of 10

indydebi...you are so funny! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%