Glaze Frosting Question

Baking By trishalynn0708 Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 1:13am by cheatize

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 3

I know that glaze frosting can be left out on the counter at room temperature.. A couple of question's..

How long does the glaze frosting last??

Can you leave it in the piping bags or do you have to put the frosting back into a container with a lid??

And, when I was making my cookies tonight I noticed that it used a lot of glaze to fill in my cookies, I was thinking of purchasing these squeeze bottles from Wilton::

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310280-475A-BAC0-5E93DEB3041892C7&killnav=1

Would these be okay to keep my glaze in?? And could I leave my glaze in these at room temperature since there is a lid??

Thank you!

2 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 3

I generally refrigerate my glaze if I know I won't be using it for a couple days. If I know I'll be decorating in the morning, I'll leave it out overnight. You can leave the icing in the bag, but not if it's going to be for a number of days. It's best to stir the icing if it's been sitting for a while. Once I'm done decorating, I refrigerate the leftovers. It'll be good for about 10 to 14 days. After that, the final finish starts to suffer IMO.

I use disposable decorating bags, but I know a lot of decorators love the squeeze bottles. Give them a try and see what you think!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 1:13am
post #3 of 3

I bought those bottles in a 2 pack and both of them split at the bottom seam the first time I used them.

Then I bought these at Sur la Table and I love them! You can put different tips on them and they've lasted me a year so far.

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-643049/Kuhn-Rikon-Round-Tip-Decorating-Squeeze-Bottle

They're more expensive than Wilton but the Wilton ones were the same as throwing money in the trash for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%