Edible Image Turning Green

Decorating By Price Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 8:59pm by Price

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 12:13am
post #1 of 4

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread. I just printed an edible image this afternoon and the colors looked great. I put the image on the cake and now a few hours later the colors are going to green tones. What is causing this to happen?

3 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 7:56am
post #2 of 4

Hi,

Is the image being place on BC or fondant?

I find sometimes when I put my images on BC that I get some spots that come thru on the image looks like wet spots or oil. What I do now is I wait until the very last minute to add my images to my cake. It works for me icon_smile.gif

Adding images to my fondant, I use a lil dab of piping gel on the very edge around the back of my image and then add it to my cake. This also helps minize probs too.

Price Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. The image was placed on buttercream but I'm not getting spots. The blue and grey tones on the image actually turned green. There was another thread about edible images and somewhere in the thread someone mentioned about their images turning green. If I remember right there was an explanation giving as to what could be causing it. Something about the settings not being right on the printer? Not sure. I will keep looking to see if I can find it.

Price Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 4

I found the other thread! Just in case anyone else is interested:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-736298-0.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%