Question About Sihoutte.

Decorating By shelby10 Updated 4 Feb 2012 , 12:28am by shelby10

shelby10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelby10 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 6

I just got my silhoutte cake cameo in the mail today, this might sound stupid but can i use it too still cut paper,would it be considered food safe if I did?
Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

If you ordered youe Cameo from Linda you received a separate blade for gum paste. Use the black blade for paper, and the mat that comes with the Silhouette. When you cut gum paste, use a different mat and the gum paste blade. Wipe down the machine between paper and sugar work. If you keep it clean is will be safe for both sugar and paper work. I don't cut paper very often, but when I do I never feel like it is no longer safe to cut gum paste. Remember, different mats and different blades.

shelby10 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I did order mine from Linda and got everything you described.. Thank you so much for replying, I just wasn't sure.. This thing is so awesome that I wanted to cut out on paper before I use my frosted sheets, and sense I don't have any gumpaste made.. Just got the wilton stuff on hand..
Again Thank You thumbs_up.gif

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 6

When you cut frosting sheets cut a small sample first to check your settings. I never had any luck with the Wilton sheets. They were usually too dry and just tore up. If this happens you might want to try the icing sheets from icing images. I use them all the time and they work great.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 6

I would stay away from glitter paper as the glitter tends to flake off and get everywhere inside the machine. I also use the premium frosting sheets from icingimages and have great success.

shelby10 Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 12:28am
post #6 of 6

Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%