Good Price For A Cricut???

Decorating By New2Cakes0810 Updated 29 Jan 2012 , 12:16pm by Barb00

New2Cakes0810 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
New2Cakes0810 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 4:00am
post #1 of 7

Looking at buying a Cricut cake machine. Is $100 (taxes in) a good price? If not, what is a decent price?

6 replies
KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 4:41am
post #2 of 7

That's almost as low as it gets. Sometimes it gets lower to $60....but not very often.

I purchased a cricut cake mini, and just some advice, I'd suggest to get a Silhouette machine from Linda McClure. It's more expensive upfront, but with the cost of cartridges you'd have to buy for the cricut, it comes out cheaper in the end, and you have WAY more freedom with the Silhouette.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 4:57am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLS

That's almost as low as it gets. Sometimes it gets lower to $60....but not very often.

I purchased a cake mini, and just some advice, I'd suggest to get a Silhouette machine from Linda McClure. It's more expensive upfront, but with the cost of cartridges you'd have to buy for the , it comes out cheaper in the end, and you have WAY more freedom with the Silhouette.

DITTO!!!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 5:12am
post #4 of 7

I bought mine on eBay under $100, brand new. You can purchase a program (I forgot the name!) for $60 that allows you to use images from your computer. I planned to do so, create designs in Word to use for the Cricut, but I never use my Cricut!

I used my Cricut once, but when I could not it to cut properly I gave up, meaning to try again later. But two years later, I have had no use for it and no desire to go through that trial phase again!! icon_mad.gif I am selling mine Craigslist for $60...

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 5:17am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

You can purchase a program (I forgot the name!) for $60 that allows you to use images from your computer. I planned to do so, create designs in Word to use for the , but I never use my cricut!

You used to be able to. But now, if you buy a cricut, it won't work. The companies that made those programs were sued. Some people have been able to find older versions of those software to use, but you have to make sure to never update your software and hope nothing goes wrong with it. Too much of a hassle for me, anyway.

You can use the software made for the cricut and use it on your computer, but it only works with the cricut cartridge images.

IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 7:31am
post #6 of 7

For the longest time during the fall it was available for 49.95... Shame the prices went back up. icon_sad.gif

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 12:16pm
post #7 of 7

I just saw a Cricut Mini at Joanne's Fabrics on clearance for $99.00. Maybe it was the last one in stock? I got my Cricut Cake on line direct for Christmas for $49.99. Doesn't it just bug you when prices fluctuate with no rhyme or reason the consumer can determine?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%