How Do You Stand Letters/numbers Up?

Decorating By MUAKPsi Updated 17 Feb 2012 , 4:27am by Neen22

MUAKPsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MUAKPsi Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:38am
post #1 of 6

I'm working on a cake for tomorrow for which I need to stand up the number "16" in fondant numbers. My method for attaching the fondant numbers to a popsicle stick isn't the best so I thought I would seek some advice.

How do you get your fondant pieces to stand verticle?

Thanks so much!
Natalie

5 replies
cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:55am
post #2 of 6

I do it all the time. You can make your fondant thick enough to put a wire or two in (depending on the size), or cut 2 identical letters of each (front and back) and sandwich the wires in between, using water to make them stick together. You will need tylose to make it hard enough to stand up by tomorrow. AND you will need to put the wires into coffee stirer straws before putting them in the cake because you cannont stick wires directly into the cake. I have both methods in my gallery...i do it quite often.
I have also seen people stick lolli-pop sticks to the back of the letters if they are big enough.

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:56am
post #3 of 6

I like using wooden skewers. I've done it both ways just as cfpeoples. Just depends on the style of your numbers.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:43am
post #4 of 6

I always use either wooden dowels or straws attached to the back of my piece with melted chocolate and it has never failed me.

MUAKPsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MUAKPsi Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you all so much! I'll have to try those techniques next time. I appreciate your help!

Neen22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neen22 Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 4:27am
post #6 of 6

I happened to be looking for and answer to the same question this was very helpful thank you so so much....

ps i love this cake community we have icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%