Your Go To Recipes!

Baking By mystsparkle Updated 18 Jan 2012 , 4:45am by fresita

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 4

There are just so many chocolate and vanilla recipes out there. Lots that people will say are 'THE ONE' that they use..but here's my question to see who wants to chime in: Do you use different recipes depending on what your baking? As in...for Cupcakes/Stacked Cakes/Carved Cakes/Sheet Cakes...etc...do you have the same Chocolate/Vanilla go to recipe, or different depending on the situation? If you'd like, it'd be great for you to post your recipes, or names so we can search the recipe section, just so I, and others know the best ones! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 2:10am
post #2 of 4

bump

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 4:17am
post #3 of 4

I have not done any stacked cakes or carved, only regular cakes and cupcakes. My go-to recipes are:
Hershey's perfectly chocolate chocolate cake
Shirley corriher's magnificent moist golden cake
Wilton's red velvet

No one has asked me for a white cake yet, so i haven't found the perfect recipe for that yet...

Shirley's carrot cake is also awesome!

fresita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fresita Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 4:45am
post #4 of 4

I'm always trying different recipes but I tend to use A Better White Scratch Cake(from here) more often than not. It has worked extremely well with cupcakes, stacked cakes, and carved cake. For a chocolate, I like the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate but its "sticky". I have done stacked cake and tried to do a carved cake. The carved cake was ok, but it was hard to work with because of how sticky it was.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%