Getting Certified As A Cake Decorator?

Decorating By nadiacolodette Updated 15 Jan 2012 , 6:50pm by MsGF

nadiacolodette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadiacolodette Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 8:23am
post #1 of 5

i noticed on one site from the United States that you can get certified as a cake decorator. Is there anywhere in Canada to become a certified cake decorator? I've been decorating cakes for about 13 years now.

4 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 5

Never heard of it. Sounds like something just to take people's $.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 5

There's the ICES master's certification but that's through ICES. The Wilton instructors have to go through a process they call certification but that's just to prove they know how to do Wilton techniques. (I used to be a WMI so I speak from experience.) As far as I know those are the only two certifications available.

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 5

Check Goldas Kitchen.

They offer the PME masters course at their location in Missisauga, Ontario.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 5

McCall's and Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionery Arts both in Toronto area have Certificate Programs. Only helpful if you are in Canada.

The Wilton School has a Master Decorator Course but it is in Darien, Illinois, USA. I would love to go there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%