Circus Cake

Decorating By deli91 Updated 4 Dec 2012 , 4:34pm by paolaferia

deli91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deli91 Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 6:19am
post #1 of 5

im making a cake for my niece who loves jojo circus...i want to make a tent but im not sure how to make one...can anyone help me with any tips or trick on how to do it icon_smile.gif

4 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 5

HI

Is your tent going to be a topper for your cake or is the cake going to be the actually tent?

If your tent is going to be a topper, i would use gumoaste and cut out the sides, back and top of the tent and them them dry for days until rock hard then glue them together with either chocolate or royal icing. Then let that dry for days and decorate from there. Mb with some very thin pieces of faondant to simulate drapes for the tent as well as the entry way of the tent.

Out of cake: mb making rounds instead of square?sheets, unless thats the shape you want and then cover in fondant then decorate like above, be sure not to make the fondant decorating pieces too heavy.
I hope this makes since bc I can ramble sometimes, LOL.

HTH

CakesByRashmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByRashmi Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 5

How about using a dolly varden tin to make it look like tent, you may need to do some carving work. And make it look like the curtain is half open and a clown and some characters peeping out of it.

ateague Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ateague Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 5

I made a topper circus tent out of rice krispee treat. Then covered in white fondant. Added red stripes, a black door, and more white fondant as a swag around black door for the "opening" of the tent. I think mine went on top of a 10 or 12" round cake. Just put a dowel under it as the rkt can be heavy.

paolaferia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolaferia Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 5

AIm having the same problem!! Thanks for the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%