Can You Believe I Can't Find Otrich Plumes Here..ugghhhh

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 9 Jan 2012 , 11:21pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 7

I have 2 cake orders for the end of January..One is a Diva cake in Hot pink and Black and the other a Mardi Gras cake in Purple and Green.I went to Michael's this morning to buy Otrich feathers/Plumes..You know the lovely tall feathers you see on all the cakes...Well no go...all they had was crafts feathers for kids and 1...yes 1 purple feather like I wanted and it looked really skinny...

What am I going to do icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I thought forsure it would be no problem finding these feathers..I've checked online and every place wants you to buy a minimum of 20 colors each...I don't need 20...I've checked ebay and the one seller who may have helped won't accept questions and won't ship to me in Canada....

I've tried calling costume shops here also and the same...have to buy in bulk...Ahhhhh...what do I do now??

Anyone know of any online stores who sells Ostrich feathers/plumes in singles for a reasonable price?..Not $15.00 each like some are selling...

Where do you get yours??

I am so frustrated... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif not a good start to the week.. thumbsdown.gif

Laurel

6 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 7

The store I used to use just closed in December, so now I need to look for a new supplier too. Did you try...

http://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/C177D2/Feathers.html

Looks like some of the employees from the Online Dealer I used are openeing a new store, site isn't up yet but they have contact information http://fancyfeather.com/ . Unfortunately they are in IL and don't appear to have a 1-800.

I don't know if they will ship to Canada.

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much Kitty..I have emailed Mardi Gras Outlet and asked if they will ship to me via UPS.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 7

Do you have a Hobby Lobby where you live? If so they sell them for like $3 or so. You may even be able to buy them online but I'm not for sure about that. If not I don't mind buying them for you and shipping them to you.

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 7

Here in Canada there is no Hobby Lobby....Thanks for the offer Regina..I may take you up on it..I have a call into a local costume shop and she is supposed to get back to me whether she can mix the colors and of course price...I still have a few options and some time but it just puts a wrench in my plans... icon_wink.gif I'm trying to eliminate high shipping if I can...

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 7

Laurel,
I can send them to you if they don't ship to Calgary. There are 2 different kinds of Ostrich feathers, Drab and Plume. The drab feathers are smaller flatter and less "Fluffy" while the Plume feathers are longer and fuller and cost a bit more. Just something to keep in mind when you are looking for them.

Here is another site http://www.eskayfeathers.com/category_s/313.htm

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 11:21pm
post #7 of 7

Kitty...Haven't heard from them yet!!I may have another ebay seller who is willing just trying to see if she can get me the colors..I'll let yah know!! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%