Non-Ganache At Room Temp. Ok?

Decorating By kger Updated 1 Jan 2012 , 7:10pm by TexasSugar

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 3

I think I goofed. I was experimenting with a new recipe and it called for 9 oz of white choc melted into 1 cup of cream, then to let it cool at room temp until it thickened a little. At which time it would be mixed in to 2 additional cups of heavy whipping cream. As I was making it, I thought, "Oh, ganache!" So I let the chocolate cream mixture stay on the counter overnight to wait until I did the next step today.

So this morning, the cream and chocolate is NOT a ganache. Way too liquid, so ratio was definitely off.

My question is, will I give everyone food poisoning if I use this still, or do I need to toss it and come up with plan b?

2 replies
melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 31 Dec 2011 , 4:35am
post #2 of 3

I would toss it.
The cream should be refrigerated within 2 hours. Bacteria grow rapidly at room temperature. icon_sad.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Jan 2012 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 3

Ganache made with using white chocolate is usually a 3 to 1 ratio. You didn't have enougg chocolate for it to set up like ganache which is why it is still runny.

For 9oz of white chocolate, it would have been 3oz of cream (about 3 tablespoons) to make ganache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%