Sugar Paste Figurines

Decorating By stbookie Updated 23 Dec 2011 , 2:43am by terrylee

stbookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stbookie Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 4

Hello!
I'm new here - so glad to have found somewhere to ask this question! I'm planning on making my own wedding cake (I'm not sure if it's a good idea...) and would love to craft some personalised bride and groom figures for the top tier. Does anyone have any experience of doing this? How far in advance should I do it and will the 'spoil' if I do it too soon? I need lots of practise and don't know how long to give myself to master it! Or more likely, to do what I can and hope for the best!
Huge thanks!

3 replies
terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 4

I've only done a few figures but I know you can do they well in advance, months if you like...lots of practice...I've done some of them twice or more times before I get what I want. Some come on the first try.....take your time, check our figures done by CC members, to get an idea of what you want. Let them air dry, don't cover....once dry they will last almost indiffently....Sugar doesn't spoil. Have fun and post pictures.....

stbookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stbookie Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks icon_smile.gif I thought they probably last for a while, but I wanted someone in the know to confirm it for me! I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'd love to a cake with a different theme front to back - traditional at the front, pretty and flowery. And then a zombie theme at the back. Crazy, but it suits me and my fiance perfectly thumbs_up.gif I just have to work out how to do it...

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

Sounds like fun and a crazy cake.......have fun and please post pictures....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%