Is There A Recommended Website To Buy Ingredients In Bulk?

Business By Debbye27 Updated 24 Feb 2012 , 11:08pm by Bridgette1129

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:00am
post #31 of 32

There are lots of places to buy the cake boxes in bulk. globalsugarart.com has decent prices. I actually just ordered from them this week.

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 11:08pm
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredbymom

I have looked at brpboxshop before. If you look at it with a "per piece" price in mind, you can see that you are actually paying for shipping in the higher price. I don't know how many you go through, but keep that in mind when you are pricing. I keep a notebook and compare prices constantly. I have to keep my packaging costs low because the market here is different. I also want to offer boxes to "locals" who can't afford to buy a case of 100 but want to make a good presentation. I know that if I shipped packaging to someone, the same thing would happen. The shipping would be too high to make it worth it for them. Right now, I am working with a place that has great prices but my minimum is $150 for each delivery. (About 1/2 the price of brp) I have to make each order count! I then in turn, pass that savings on to my customers. Too bad you are so far away, I would say drop by and I'd hook you up with boxes! Best wishes!

When I compared prices, a few were more expensive (than brp) BEFORE shipping and some were cheaper but were more per piece after shipping. I ordered from BRP because it's the cheapest site I've found without a minimum. And I save a lot compared to buying boxes from the cake supply stores here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%