Baking A Lindt Chocolate Truffle In A Cupcake?

Baking By newb2 Updated 6 Dec 2011 , 8:48pm by stsapph

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 4

Have you ever baked a lindt chocolate truffle inside a cupcake? How did it work? I am making white cupcakes with white icing and sanding sugar for a friend but I'd like to jazz it up a bit and was thinking about chocolate truffles. Any advice or other suggestions? tia.

3 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 4

I do it all the time. Just fill your liners like usual, and then gently push the truffle into the middle, leaving half of it above the batter. The batter will rise to cover and the truffle will not end up at the bottom of the cupcake. Once the cupcake cools, the chocolate will melt into the cake, but the middle will stay nice and soft. I always get rave reviews and lots of requests. I usually make a death by chocolate cupcake with them; devils food cake, truffle in the middle, whipped ganache topping with chocolate curls.

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply! Do you freeze your truffles first or bake your batter for a few minutes before putting the truffle in? I'm concerned they'll sink to the bottom.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 4

No, room temp is fine and as long as you don't push it all the way into the batter it should be fine. You can also lightly coat the truffles with flour before inserting into the batter. That will keep them from sinking as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%