Selling Cakes On Gumtree

Business By MissCakeCrazy Updated 14 Dec 2011 , 1:41pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if any of you sold your cakes on Gumtree in London and if it was worth it?

6 replies
MissCakeCrazy Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, I posted this a couple of weeks ago and have not got any feedback. I would be very grateful if anyone who has sold cakes on gumtree can get back to me.

Thanks

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 7

Although there are certainly UK members active here, the vast majority of us are US based. And we have no idea what Gumtree is. You might try a PM to some of the UK members.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 9:32am
post #4 of 7

Thanks

Honeybees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeybees Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 11:22am
post #5 of 7

I'm not in England right now but I have seen Gumtree before. We have something like it here on the island I live on (Like a yard sales site). I have sold cakes on it before and it worked really well. Ive sold cakes that I had already made and got orders from it too. What I normally do is post a link to my site on there so they can go directly to it. Not sure if you can do that on Gumtree or not.

Good luck hope it all works out for you

soozicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 7

I'm in Australia and looks the same as our Gumtree which seems to be very popular with Mum's (based on friends chitchat). It is free or a small fee if you want a 'top ad'. Might be worth a try. Judging from the pics, choose an eye catching close up pic to stand out. Good luck, let us know how it goes if you try it.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks you two, your advice have been very helpful icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%