Edible Image Printer

Decorating By Jackie_S Updated 26 Jan 2012 , 3:31pm by icingimages

Jackie_S Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie_S Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone help me locate a reasonably priced printer for edible images? I have found a few online but I really can't afford to pay $500 for one right now. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find one that is reasonably priced? TIA icon_sad.gif

8 replies
Jackie_S Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie_S Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 9

Thanks Karen421! That I can afford!

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 9

Am I missing something... I don't see a reply from Karen421? I too am looking at getting an edible printer and have been shopping around so advice is needed icon_biggrin.gif

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 9

She probably pm'ed her. PM me too please! I'm also looking at getting one soon. Thanks!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 1:22am
post #5 of 9

If you are looking to save money and you are not worried about the warranties, just purchase the printer seperately. The best is the Canon mp5220 and purchase the edible supplies from a company like ours. YOu just need the edible ink, icing sheets and if you would like the cleaners. Make sure you do not use the regular inks in the printer. We will be posting a Holiday special next week on our site for the whole kit and kaboodle with all kinds of goodies. WE stand behind our printer with the warranties, but if you purchase the printer elsewhere, you do not have that warranty. Let me know if you have any other questions.

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 1:33am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

If you are looking to save money and you are not worried about the warranties, just purchase the printer seperately. The best is the Canon mp5220 and purchase the edible supplies from a company like ours. YOu just need the edible ink, icing sheets and if you would like the cleaners. Make sure you do not use the regular inks in the printer. We will be posting a Holiday special next week on our site for the whole kit and kaboodle with all kinds of goodies. WE stand behind our printer with the warranties, but if you purchase the printer elsewhere, you do not have that warranty. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you SO much!! I have read that Epson are also good... what do you recommend? I am sending my hubby and mother my cake wish list and would love to include your site and info for my printer.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 9

The epsons do not have a removable print head so if it clogs and can't be cleaned you can just throw it away. The canon print head can be removed and cleaned. I love my canon and have never had a problem with it. I highly recommend the gold label ink and premium frosting sheets from icingimages,. I've tried several brands and IMO theirs are the best quality.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 10:39pm
post #8 of 9

Totally agree with tiggy2..

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 3:31pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirlcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Thank you SO much!! I have read that Epson are also good... what do you recommend? I am sending my hubby and mother my cake wish list and would love to include your site and info for my printer.

I apologize, in this post I list the best printer as the Canon mP5220. It is the mG5220. I apologize if this has caused anyone any problems. there is no MP version, just the MG version.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%