Was Anybody Scared To Start Their Business

Baking By cake n bake Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 1:03am by Kathy99

cake n bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake n bake Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 7

Only asking because i want to start a side business selling cupcakes and cookies. But the thought of doing a business is scary because i don't want to be a failure or to get sue. So what was it like when you went into business

6 replies
Brandyf817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandyf817 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 7

Very scared! I am headed to the bank to go over my accounts and to set up a seperate business account. But every day I worry, but less as customers call in. I was very blessed to have been lft a little bit of money to start my business. It goes fast which adds more stress. But I belive it will work out in the long run. Just have faith. But do not do it untill you are ready and 150% sure.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 7

I've been baking from home for about 12 years now. Everyone tells me to quit my job and start my own business. I know I can produce the cakes - - no problem. And I've had my own restaurant and it was successful, so the business side doesn't scare me.

It's just a matter of getting everything all lined up. My DH and I just became empty-nesters this year so I'll probably be looking into a shop in the spring.

Scary? Not really. Just have a REALLY, REALLY good filing system.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 7

Before you start your own business read the E-Myth. Even if you have already started your own business it is a great idea to read it. Running a business and baking/decorating are two different things. If you do not like "business" you will not like running your own. When you own your own shop you are a business person, who likes to decorate/bake. When you decorate/bake on the side, you are doing what you enjoy without all that business stuff!!! The book is wonderful at explaining it out. Should you be scared...yes, its new its big and its exciting. It is normal for anyone to be scared when they start a business but its ok to be scared!!!!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 7

Have you written a business plan? Spending the time to work on it should help make you feel more comfortable.

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 1:01am
post #6 of 7

Yes!! LOL I was very scared. But now is I think it was the best decision I could have made!

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 1:03am
post #7 of 7

Yes!! I was very scared. But now is I think it was the best decision I could have made!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%