Cake Pan Recommendations

Decorating By Wnt2BACakeStar Updated 29 Nov 2011 , 3:53am by scp1127

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 4:39am
post #1 of 13

Ok so this whole time I have been barrowing cake pans from my sister inlaw and now that I seem to be doing this more and more I am going to invest in my own set of pans. I just wanted to see what kind of pans you guys and gals use or would recommend. = )

12 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 13

There are a lot of threads on this topic, but the clear winner always seems to be Magic Line.

IMO, they are wonderful and will last a lifetime. Until you use some different brands, you just don't really understand.

Personally, I hate Fat Daddio's more than I can say. Wilton are OK for a beginner, but you'll need to replace them at some point. So, just start out with great pans that will be the only ones you'll ever need to buy.

You will never regret having the best tools.

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 13

I love Magic Line! I only have one Magic Line pan though icon_sad.gif Most of mine are Wilton and Fat Daddio's, bought on the fly as I needed them. If I had the money I would replace every pan I have with Magic Line, but alas I do not. Sigh......

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 13

If you can afford MagicLine then definitely go in that direction. I have some wilton but finally brought 3 ML last year and I use them almost exclusively. The sharp lines and even sides are worth every penny.

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 13

Another vote for Magic Line!! I started with Wilton and they were fine in the beginning. I replaced all my round and square with Magic Line and what a difference!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 13

Magic Line

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 13

I have Fat Daddio's and love them. leah s why don't you like them? Thanks.

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 8:19pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks guys and gals! I guess I will be looking into purchasing Magic Line pans! = )

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 8:23pm
post #9 of 13

Magic Line. I bought a set of rounds on Amazon for less than $100 early last year.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 1:19am
post #10 of 13

My half sheet pans are Fat Daddio's and the corners are sorta rounded. Don't like. Magic Line pans have razor sharp corners.

langranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
langranny Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 2:21am
post #11 of 13

Magic Line all the way. Amazon has great prices on them. I like the 3" deep ones. If I bake with bake-even strips and a flower nail in the center I only have to trim off about 1/4". A 9X3 pan takes a WASC'ed cake mix and comes out deep enough to torte into two 1" layers.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 2:52am
post #12 of 13

I actually use Fat Daddio's all the time and do not have a problem with them. I will say this though...I baked a 12" cake in a Magic Line pan that I had gotten at a ridiculously low price at some outlet and it was superior in baking quality I thought. Of course I don't use it all the time so I'm just going by the one use, but I was impressed. When I need to buy new pans I will be looking for Magic Line. But until then my FD's do just fine.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 3:53am
post #13 of 13

Magic Line on Amazon for me too, except every size that Williams-Sonoma sells in their Goldtouch line. These are the very best, but are only 10" and under. The cupcake pans are incredible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%