It Only Takes One

Business By platinumlady Updated 7 Dec 2011 , 6:18am by DragonFly2333

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 11:26am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Even if you go back to only taking checks they can still bounce. And if you stick to cash only they could give you counterfeit money icon_rolleyes.gif Nothing's totally secure.

I have never accepted checks...not yet I use intuit so they still have the option of paying with CC/DC. I just don't like the way Paypal handled this. And their policy makes it easy for people to basically steal from you. They mostly do business with eBay stores...so since that works differently than what we do it puts too much at risk.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 1:25pm
post #32 of 33

On the upside, you now have a great "horror story" to share. I found that I got great cooperation from future clients when I shared, "I'm sorry we have to do it this way, but you wouldn't believe what some lady did to me once!" It first puts them on notice that you're aware of that kind of scam and second, it builds a comraderie with them when you share a 'personal' story with them.

I say it almsot everyday, anymore: "What the he!! is wrong with people these days?!" icon_eek.gif

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 6:18am
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreti

The worse part is that they have children who are learning this stuff and the cycle goes on & on & on.

I say the same thing ALL the time. I spent 10 years in retail and when the customer wants to 'show you who's boss' they do...with their child standing next to them. Wonderful role models!

Look at the British lady who lashed out on the train (it was viral last week). She's saying horrible things with her kid right on her lap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%