Different Size Letter Cutters???? Monograms Drive Me Crazy!!

Decorating By cb3 Updated 22 Nov 2011 , 6:16am by artmojo1975

cb3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb3 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 4:18am
post #1 of 6

I love using the curlz Tappits to cut my letters out. But, they only come in one size. Does anyone know of a company that makes cute letters in different sizes. When asked for a monogram, the middle letter needs to be larger. Took me forever to handcut 3 letters this week. Have the cricut cake, but do not really like it. I make mmf, and just doesn't work well with that. And, just can't afford all the cartridges for dif't fonts. Anyway, enough rambling... Just wondering if anyone knows of a good solution to this problem?

5 replies
ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 4:33am
post #2 of 6

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'll be watching this thread bc I want to know too!

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 4:58am
post #3 of 6

I have been looking for a good solution to this problem, too!

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:17am
post #4 of 6

Ximena has some google her and see if what she has will work for you . ill look for her site and post it BRB

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 6

Before I got my cricut I would print out letters in the desired font place the sheet over fondant and cut out with a sharp xacto knife. Don't cut the letters out before placing on fondant.

The cricut is great for cutting out monograms or anything. Roll the fondant on to greased mat and either freeze it for about 15 minutes (have all the machine setting together before removing) or let the fondant air dry on mat for about 1/2 or so then cut it out. Let it dry on the mat for a little while so it is easier to remove. I keep some Wilton's box fondant just for cutting out stuff with the cricut because it's stiffer and cheaper. Also Joann's had the cake cartridges on sale for $29.

artmojo1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artmojo1975 Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 6:16am
post #6 of 6

Same problem here! I have purchased lots of different letter/number cutters but I still sometimes have to do like cakelady2266 and print the font and size I need in word and start cutting with an exacto knife.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%