Mat

Decorating By Eva2 Updated 19 Nov 2011 , 2:23pm by jhill3691

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 3:44am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone purchased that mat that you roll the fondant in between. I had purchased one a few months ago, but I just used it tonight, I found that the fondant is so moist that when I got it on the cake I could not use my fondant smoother because it was sticking. Does anyone have any tips for this mat. Thank you, Eva

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elisaber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elisaber Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 10:45am
post #3 of 4

I also just ordered and got the mat, and have used it on two cakes. It is super simple to use, but I have encountered the same as you - the smoothers don't glide on the cake as the fondant is slightly sticky. I do hope there's some neat trick for this - so far I have just added a little powdered sugar to the iced cake to get the usual "glide" - but the end result isn't at all perfect, and I'm sure it will look even worse on colored fondant (I have still only used the mat on white fondant).

So I hope someone has a trick for this too!

jhill3691 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhill3691 Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 4

I just bought a baking business that specializes in pies...and will be adding my cakes. But I was wondering if anyone has tried to use The Mat for pie crusts. I don't have one, but if it works I will definately get one. Crazy time to get into the pie business right at the holidays!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%