Cake Stand Question..

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 18 Nov 2011 , 1:38am by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 1:41am
post #1 of 12

I have to do a 3 tier cake, being 4,6,4(client wants..) and she wants a tall glass cake stand measuring min. 4-5". The question I have is what would your recommendation be for height and heavyness of the foot of stand or wideness. Her desire is to have the cake look TALL..so she wants the stand tall. Reasoning I"m asking is because I'm nervous about how the stand would hold those 3 tiers and whether 4-5" would work as minimum and if I find taller like 6" , would that work? I'm looking at bigger, wider, heavy bases stands for sturdyness. Please help me! I'm soo confused! Want this to be great and hold up well!

11 replies
jenscreativity Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 12

Anyone help me plz???? Thks so much !

jenscreativity Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 12

Is there anyone with any advice for me please? Thanks so much..I really needing something..

Smiles
jenifer

jenscreativity Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 12

anyone pretty please??

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 12

williams sonoma has some nice strong pedestal stands. I got one that is clear glass 13" wide and maybe 4-5" tall. It's completely flat and fairly thick. I think I paid $60-$70 for it. I've put a 12", 10" 8" and 6" on it. I rent it out for $40, it has well paid for itself. They have a lot of different styles, if you have a store near you that you can go to, I think you would find a lot of good options.

jenscreativity Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:04am
post #6 of 12

Thank you sooo much Alison!! I will look online for at that store and order it if they have it! Any other ideas are great!

Jenifer

jenscreativity Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:08am
post #7 of 12

I found one Alison but it needs to be glass not porcelein or white..any ideas??

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:24am
post #8 of 12

Do you have a Crate & Barrel near you? I found this on their web site. It's for a 6-inch wide pillar candle, but I think you could put a cake on it:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/candleholders/vienna-6%22-candleholder/s228974

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:26am
post #9 of 12

My mistake. It's 6 inches tall, holds a 3-inch candle.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:26am
post #10 of 12

I bought mine at the store and it's glass. They still have it last time I was there a few weeks ago, I don't know why it's not online.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:39am
post #11 of 12

Do you usually provide the stand? If my client wants something special for the stand, I tell them to get it and give it to me ahead of time. I am too busy making cakes to run around looking for a stand that I will probably never use again.

jenscreativity Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:38am
post #12 of 12

I usually don't provide but this time around, I am because I can use it quite often actually, so that is why. It can be in the range of $60-100 ..just need to make sure it's sturdy to hold the 3 tiers and as stated before, as long as it has a bigger stem/wider and is heavy,,it should be ok right? Does it really make a difference on the height difference of 4-6"? Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%