Nutella Recipes?

Baking By countrycaker Updated 6 Nov 2011 , 12:14am by AnnieCahill

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 13

Mmmmmm.....Nutella! Man, I love that stuff! A little too much. Has anyone found a good recipe to use it with cakes? I can actually envision a recipe using Nutella that would surpass my all-time favorite Better-Than-Sex Cake. Mmmmmm.......better-than-sex cake..... icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 13

I've used it just as is, as a filling in cakes before.

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 13

I too love Nutella and have used it as a cake filling(butter, cream cheese, confects sugar, vanilla & nutella) But I'm sure you can add it to your favorite chocolate cake recipe. You may have to cut back a bit on one of the other "moisture" ingreds though.

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 13

MMMMM....Italian Meringue Buttercream made with Nutella. To. Die. For.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 13

I use it as a binder for cake balls/pops

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 13

Hi, yes, I make smbc and then at the end i fold in nutella by taste. So delicious!!!! can be added to imbc and american b/c recipes for fillings.hth You can make the brown sugar smbc and also add nutella to that. done that also. delicious!!!

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 13

Oh yeah! I'm going to have to try some of these! How much Nutella do you add to your icings? Do you have a certain recipe or do you just scoop a bit in?

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 13

[quote="]Oh yeah! I'm going to have to try some of these! How much Nutella do you add to your icings? Do you have a certain recipe or do you just scoop a bit in?[/quote]

Scoop in...taste. Scoop in....taste. There is quite a bit of tasting that needs to happen. icon_wink.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 13

Fess up - how many of you skip the recipe and eat it straight? With a spoon, offset spatula, or fingers?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 13

omg!!!yes!! I put it in the fridge and it hardens up. I can,t stay out of it. When i needed a sugar fix, i'd go straight for the nutella in fridge. Took me a while to get off the extra pounds,lol!!! But , then, when i do use it in the icing, Yeah!!! i can get me a spoonful , (clean spoon of course) . Keeps me for a while. so, now i confessed, who else?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 11:53pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

When i needed a sugar fix, i'd go straight for the nutella in fridge.

Sugar fix? I resemble that remark...

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 11:57pm
post #12 of 13

Nutella is so yummy... it brings me back to when i was a kid. Brought up in a very italian family.. my mom wlould make nutella sandwiches for school. not many people knew about it and would look at us like what are you eating ... we would get embarassed and not take it out of our lunch bags sometimes..... do you know how hard that was knowing how good it was... we would of course give in and eat it real fast before anyone caught on that we were eating chocolate sandwiches! lol..
I have yet to find a PERFECT filling recipe, but the Nutella Buttercream that is in the recipes is very good. I get many compliments on it....

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:14am
post #13 of 13

Hi, I'm Annie and I'm a Nutella addict. So is my husband. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%