Help With Eagle Scout Cakes!

Decorating By Alison01 Updated 25 Jan 2007 , 2:26pm by Alison01

Alison01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alison01 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 12:18am
post #1 of 7

I have an upcoming order for my cousin and his friend who both got their eagle scout awards recently. We are having a big ceremony at our church for the 2 of them and I am doing that cake(s). I can do ONE or TWO cakes. My aunt is giving me the boy scout emblem and I mentioned maybe doing 2 cakes and scanning their eagle scout pictures and putting their pics on each of them. Now, I'm thinking I want to do something more that will get more attention since there will be a very nice crowd and a lot of people there probably don't realize I do cakes now. (And I'm tired of everybody asking for sheet cakes!) So, has anyone ever done anything having to do with scouts? I know nothing about boy scouts because my family has always been ALL girls! So, I'm kinda lost for ideas!!! Thanks in advance!!!!! OH, I probably need to feed about 100 people.

6 replies
SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 12:29am
post #2 of 7

I am sure you looked under eagle scout or boy scout... but I saw this and it stood out, different from your standard sheet cake.. maybe you could do some 3D cake with a theme other than camping?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=boy%20scout&cat=0&pos=28&search=boy%20scout

Alison01 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 12:56am
post #3 of 7

Thanks! I like that cake as well! I am thinking I need to go with something a big more formal though. It's just hard to be formal for a guy! I wish they would go ahead and give me the emblem so I can maybe make a fondant replica of it. I can incorporate that into the cake.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 4:40am
post #4 of 7

for a100 servings could you do a tiered cake, make the eagle scout emblem out of color flow on a gumpaste plaque so you can stand it up as the cake topper and then do the tiers to represent some of the badges they have worked on, which you could get ideas for from asking them what they had to do to achieve this high award. im sure they have completed alot of work and will have many ideas for you. sounds like a fun project.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 4:45am
post #5 of 7
jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 4:51am
post #6 of 7

you could transfer the Boy Scout Emblem onto the top of a round cake & do something like a 3 tier or something.

In my photos I have a round cake I did for my son's Young Marines ... everyone LOVED it.

Alison01 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 7

I just checked this post again! I like that idea, sweetcakes, about the badges around the cake and doing a tiered cake. Maybe I could scan some of the badges & print on edible paper and attach to sugar cookies and kinda set those around each tier.

moydear, you did a great job on that cake!

jamhays, I like the cake in your gallery, too!

You guys are great!!! I can't wait to do this cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%