Can I Freeze Smbc Ahead Of Time?

Decorating By agouti Updated 30 Oct 2011 , 3:29am by agouti

agouti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agouti Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 5

I need to supply 24 cupcakes for a Nov. 1 dinner party. They will have SMBC frosting and will be topped with a rose. I made the roses today and froze them. I can think of no reason why I can't make the rest of the frosting today and then thaw it out on Oct. 31 to frost that evening. Here are my questions: Is there a reason I should not make SMBC frosting today and freeze it for Monday? If I do freeze it, how should I thaw it?

Thank you for your insight. I am new to freezing things ahead of time and really appreciate your time and help!

4 replies
Cakeopoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeopoly Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 12:25am
post #2 of 5

I would just make it today and put it in the fridge, no need to freeze it if it's going to be used in 3 days. You certainly could freeze it, but you don't have to thumbs_up.gif

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 1:04am
post #3 of 5

I agree with cakeopoly, no need to freeze it. In fact I usually let mine thaw for 2 days in the fridge so it will be sort of no need to. Make sure your smbc comes to room temp and beat it some before you use it.
evelyn

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 1:24am
post #4 of 5

I freeze bowls of smbc all the time. Ready when i need it!!

agouti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agouti Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 3:29am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much! I will make it and keep it in the fridge - this will be a big time saver come Monday! Again, thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%