I saw the recent posts regarding the Disco Dust being non-toxic and should only be used on items that won't be consumed.
What about Twinkle Dust or Luster Dust ?
I had someone tell me there may be ingredients in these dusts that may cause allergic reactions - mercury or fish products ?
I've gotten a few bottles but there aren't any ingredients on them.
Any insight to what these items are made of besides plastic?
I'm mostly concerened about someone wanting to eat a flower because it's technically "edible" and getting sick from an allergy.
No replies from anyone??
I just went searching on the internet and finally found a site that gave some of the ingredients of Luster Dust. However, depending on the color, there may be other ingredients. The site said "commonly cited ingredients in many luster dusts are Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Carmine, and Mica." Hope that helps.
Titanium Dioxide - natural inorganic pigment [white] that colours everything from cosmetics and food to oil paints and sunscreen
Iron Oxide - natural inorganic pigments [red, yellow brown black] from rocks
Mica - silicate minerals the naturally occur in sheets or layers
Carmine* - [Cochineal] pigment [bright red] from the chemical treatment of powdered shell of insects
* people can be allergic to cochineal. The artifical food dye, Red Dye 40, that was substituted for it, is now banned and cochineal is back in use.
The other three are "rocks" ..