Red Velvet Cake

Baking By johannap_73 Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 12:41am by johannap_73

johannap_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johannap_73 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

im looking for a red velvet cake that is moist and one that people have tasted and tested, being an aussie girl and hearing about this cake a lot from us friends ( they all use the boxed variety though ) i want to make one from scratch and not having the boxed variety here i have no choice but to make it from scratch and that is fine...so if someone has a nice moist but not oily recipe that they dont mind sharing that would be great...

i have seen the red velvet ones in here and some of the comments dont sit well!!!

5 replies
sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 6

I use cake man raven recipe. I love it! Just google cake man raven red velvet recipe

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberryp

I use cake man raven recipe. I love it! Just google cake man raven red velvet recipe

I ditto this! thumbs_up.gif One of my most popular flavors and a very accurate red velvet, cause it is NOT just a red colored choclolate cake! icon_wink.gif

johannap_73 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 6

thanks guys appreciate the fast response

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 6

1920 waldorf Astoria cake cake on this website. Uses pureed beets so the cake is exceptionally moist. Everyone loves it. Hardly any red food coloring.

johannap_73 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:41am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx

1920 waldorf Astoria cake cake on this website. Uses pureed beets so the cake is exceptionally moist. Everyone loves it. Hardly any red food coloring.

i would use this if there wasnt a beet allergy, so this one is out..but thanks for taking the time to answer my question...i have found 2 recipes that i am going to try, on sunday fingers crossed and hopefully it will last 9 hours of driving to get home..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%